Recycling services are provided for virtually all campus buildings. For detailed information regarding accepted commodities, services special events or to request recycling services or recycling container(s) please contact the Recycling Office at 662-254-3098.
Pick-up for materials collected for recycling from all campus buildings Campus Recycling Center personnel service recycling containers for disposal into labeled rolling carts in designated areas within buildings):
• White Paper
• Mixed Paper which includes magazines, newspaper, cardstock, file folders and colored paper (if you can tear it and it isn’t white, it is mixed paper)
• Aluminum Can
• Plastic #1 & #2
• Corrugated Cardboard
Additional non-billable recycling services include:
• Recycling of purged files or excessive volumes of recyclables - please provide 72 hours advance notice for delivery of additional containers
• Recycling of phone books on a seasonal basis - gather in a centrally located area and contact the
Recycling Office to arrange for pick-up
• Pre-paid envelopes for ink jet cartridges, cell phones, pagers and pick-up of laser toner cartridges are available upon request
• Delivery and pick-up of recycling containers for special events on MVSU’s main campus*
(The delivery and pick-up of event recycling containers is non-billable when service is completed during
regular working hours M-Th 8:00am-5:00pm and Fridays 8:00am – 4:00pm. This service is billable for overtime labor charges if the event falls outside of these hours, or if the request is made less than 48 hours or 2 days prior to the event.)
Billable services include:
• Special Event delivery and pick-up of recycling containers not completed during regular working hours
M-F 8:00am-2:00pm, or if the request is made less than 48 hours or 2 days prior to the event.
• All recycling services for entities not affiliated with the University.