Each student majoring in departmental programs is expected to complete the following requirements unless written exemption is granted otherwise; the exemptions must bear signature of the assigned advisor and that of the department chairperson. The following is the general guide:
- Review academic progress and obtain advisor’s approval of class schedule for subsequent semester/session prior to or during the registration period.
- Complete all courses required by the Academic Map in recommended sequence with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.00, with no more than one “D” grade in any major course.
- Participate in all required non-credit student activities such as departmental clubs, field trips, and advisory conferences. Attend regular seminar classes per Banner schedule.
- Pass both the English Proficiency Examination test unless exempted on the basis of superior grades in English courses and the Major Field Test in Biology.
- Complete a senior project (or internship), make and pass both formal presentation of your completed project and the final submited written, documention of your project (and student teaching for for those completing Science education concentration).
- Complete a resume and other information sheets for the Career Counseling and Placement Office and provide a copy for the Departmental files.
- Review academic progress with your assigned academic advisor and make application for graduation in compliance with the University calendar.
- Pass the senior exit test, complete all other requirements set by the Department or the University.
- Consult with your assigned academic advisor each semester prior to registration on course scheduling, internships, and career planning.