Mississippi Valley State University is a place where "Living is Learning". The residence hall is your chance to be a part of an exciting and meaningful community. You are invited to live with students who share similar personal or academic interest and goals. The campus has seven (7) residence halls three male halls and four female halls. The "Valley" makes every effort to make its student's experiences in the residence halls comfortable as well as educationally and socially enjoyable. In addition, the Residential Life staff attempts to create a community where ideas are freely discussed, topics of concerns are explored, individuals develop new skills, and sense of community is fostered among all residents. Research shows that on-campus living provides benefits that last a lifetime. When considering on-campus housing, weigh the following benefits:
- Convenience- the halls are located within easy walking distance of classes, the library, the dinning hall, the student center, the Office of Residential Life, the university post office, the book store, and recreational areas. This will leave you with more time for studying, fun with friends and involvement in the community.
- Academic Support- resources that students need to perform well academically are close to the residence halls, professors, tutors, academic advisors, academic assistance programs, and computer labs within the residence halls.
- Cost- living on campus is economical. There are no hidden fees such as hookup cost for electricity, cable, and internet service.
- Friendship- lasting friendships and a supportive community are added benefits.
- Leadership-residential living contributes to the development of the total student by providing many positions of leadership and involvement. Participation in the Residence Hall Council enables students to actively make decisions and plan activities for their halls. Programming allows students to participate in a variety of seminars and workshops that are conducted in the residence halls.
If any student desires to become a part of a community of scholars whose primary goal is to achieve greatness and make a difference in the world, then University housing is for him/her.